Book all your training courses online for Autumn Term 2014 and Spring Term 2015
Full course details available
We provide courses and training to support all your MIS, School Improvement, Computing Curriculum and E-Safety needs
Taking Care of Your Data with the Cloud Backup Service
Remove the need to retain, maintain and invest in a local backup solution
If your school is looking to save time and money, consider Cloud Backups from The ICT Service
The ICT Service
We are driven by a commitment to education. We believe that ICT can make a significant difference to children’s learning and well-being and that it is business-critical for schools. We believe that Britain’s future depends upon the development of citizens who are creative, confident and responsible users of technology.
Our ambition is to be recognised across the East of England as leaders in the field of educational ICT.
The ICT Service has a broad range of expertise and experience working with schools in Cambridgeshire and beyond. We understand the demands facing school leaders and practitioners and work closely with them to develop a coherent approach to strategies for ICT.
- helplines Helplines November / December 2014 The e-Newsletter from The ICT Service Helpline for all Management Information System (MIS) Users 11-12-2014
- helplines The ICT Service Christmas Closing and New Year Staff Training Day Helpline The ICT Service Helpline would like to wish you and your families a Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year. 11-12-2014
- helplines School Spring Census – Thursday 15 January 2015 The School Spring Census next year is on Thursday 15 January 2015. There is a ‘Preparing for School Census’ Workshop on Wednesday 7 January 2015 for anyone who is new to creating and submitting a school census. 11-12-2014
- helplines SIMS .net Autumn Upgrade We have to carry out the upgrade before Christmas in order to allow schools time to prepare adequately for census on Thursday 15 January 2014 and have therefore decided that we will need to carry out the SIMS and FMS upgrades on Tuesday 23 December 2014. 11-12-2014
- helplines Dinner Money Lite Bites Any schools that provide CCS Lite Bite meals for their staff must ensure these meals are noted in the free text area of the CAT form on the WebCat website. 11-12-2014
- helplines Data Cleansing for a more Efficient Service Thank you to all schools that have so far responded to our request to give us up to date contact information for your school and staff. For those schools that haven’t yet had a moment, it’s not too late to return the spreadsheet we have sent you. 11-12-2014
- helplines Confirmation of Technical Changes Affecting Non-Centrally Hosted Schools This is a reminder to schools of technical changes to the SIMS infrastructure over the last year that may affect your school. 11-12-2014
We invite our customers to use our online form to quickly let us know if you have a request or an incident to report.
Let us know if you would like to receive any of our regular email newsletters direct to your inbox.
Add products to your basket to enquire about multiple services
what people say…
We have used The ICT Service now for many years, and have the highest praise for all the departments we deal with (we couldn’t live without our ICT technician or the helpdesk!).
Weatheralls Primary School
Emma always explains what you need to do very clearly and is extremely helpful - Thank you
Sue Scott, Alderman Payne Primary School
...really helplful during a very stressful time...
Secondary School ICT Technician
Lorraine on The ICT Service Helpline was very patient and friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to be helping me.
Sheena Marsh, Sawtry Infant School
The trainers was very happy to answer all questions so that we are able to use the system in the most effective way for our school
Alison Rowbotham, The Weatheralls Primary School
Our Technician always goes the extra mile for us. He understands our school needs and limitations. He is considered to be one of our school team.
Primary School Headteacher
I attended a truly fantastic course which has really opened my eyes to how I can use SIMS to support my data analysis.
Yasmin Trace, Hatton Park Primary School
I was given extremely clear and understandable instructions to help me find my way through difficulties.
Sue Bardell, LLDD Team, CCC
The Helpline are always great when I ring and try to sort the problem there and then at all times if possible. Great service.
Paula Beeby, Coates Primary School
Thank you. The e-safety session was one of the best uses of time that I have had for a long while.
I always find the technical team extremely helpful and knowledgeable and very patient with whatever question you ask!
Emily Lewney, Bar Hill Community Primary School
The course answered all my questions but went far beyond my expectations. Very good value for money. I also appreciate the handbook.
Margaret Carpenter, Longsands Academy
Always helpful to guide me through the troubled waters of the Post 16 Census! I don't know how I would manage without them.
Christine Bradshaw, St Ivo School
I don't know what I would do without The ICT helpline. I have always found them to be friendly and supportive whenever I have called
Primary School Secretary
Everyone I deal with on the Helpline is helpful and patient especially understanding the pressures we're under. It's lovely to know we have an efficient team available when needed.
Lynn Hilling, The Vine Primary School
All courses that I have attended are so helpful and are explained in terms that I can understand and I am not afraid to ask questions.
Sarah Walker, Thorndown Primary School
Really clear, easy to follow course with some great ideas.
Sarah Dodsworth, Wisbech St Mary Primary School
Very helpful, I like the way that The ICT Service can come on to the system remotely it saves so much time!
Christ Cater, Cottenham Primary School
I found the whole session incredibly useful. You gave us lots of useful resources to take back to school and even more to think about.